Take a good look at your air filters in your home. Now, imagine your carpets look the same. Would you still be walking barefoot on them? Would you let your little ones crawl around? Carpets as well as area rugs and upholstered furniture act as giant filters, trapping allergens and bacteria and keeping them out of the air we breathe. But, just like an air filter, carpets become full over time and must be properly cleaned to remain most effective. You can ensure healthier indoor air in your home by keeping your carpets clean and in good condition through regular vacuuming and having your carpets, rugs and upholstery professionally cleaned every 3 to 4 months to rid your home of common allergens and bacteria.
Did you know?
- Carpets harbor about 200,000 bacteria on every square inch.
- A carpet can hold eight times its weight in toxin-filled dirt and dust.
- A carpet can hide as much as one pound of dirt per square yard.
- The carpet in your home could be seven times dirtier than a city street.
- 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies and asthma (AAFA)
- Allergy is the 5th leading chronic disease in the U.S. (AAFA)
- Approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies as their primary allergy (AAFA)
- Indoor pollution in U.S. homes exceeds the levels of outdoor pollution by two to 100 times, depending on factors such as whether the residents smoke (Web MD)
- Each year, allergies account for more than 17 million outpatient office visits, primarily in the spring and fall; seasonal allergies account for more than half of all allergy visits (AAFA)
Having all these facts, we needed to find out how big an impact a Chem-Dry cleaning can have on home health and eliminating unhealthy and unwanted elements from your home. We decided to commission a leading independent air quality laboratory to conduct a study using Chem-Dry’s Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) process in multiple homes. The results?
At Chem-Dry by Kevin Jones, we want you to breathe easier about the healthfulness of your home and your family. Whether you suffer from allergies or asthma, or you just want to provide the healthiest home for your family, a Chem-Dry carpet cleaning can help you remove the allergens and bacteria hiding in your home and improve your indoor air quality.